HOW TO USE ALL WEB MENUS WITH CSB/TRELLIX
QUOTE FROM KW on CSB Board:
Here's what I do:
1. First, outside of AWM, create an empty text file -- call it sample.txt -- it doesn't matter. Also, create an empty folder on your PC to store what you will create will AWM.
2. Start up AWM and create your menu as desired
3. Click on Tools > Compile Menu and save it
4. Then you will get a window saying Menu compiled successfully. And at the bottom you will have three buttons. Click on the first button (I want to link the compiled menu to my web pages)
5. Browse and locate your empty text file (sample.txt) and click link.
So, at this point what you have is a text file that includes the custom HTML code necessary to be placed into CSB. So here's what you do:
6. Use your favorite FTP program and upload the files generated by AWM to the same location (directory) where your CSB web page is published. There should be 3 files (.gif, .awm, and .js files) and a subdirectory (awmdata-xxx) to be uploaded
7. Open up sample.txt using Notepad
8. Also open up CSB, click on Insert > HTML Code, and then copy and paste the code placed inside the sample.txt file to CSB. (This instruction is now incorrect...will only work in Internet Explorer. See notes below)
Now, once you've done all that -- if you have to go back and modify your AWM menu - you DO NOT HAVE TO DO ALL THE ABOVE steps. Rather, here's what you do:
1. Open up AWM, make your changes, then click on Tools > Compile Menu, then click Save > OK.
2. Then, click on the third button (I'm done,I have already linked the menu to my pages before)
3. Then simply start up FTP and upload the .js file to your web site (that's the only file that gets modified)
ADDITIONAL NOTE - NAMING YOUR TXT FILE:
I personally use a name for my txt file that matches the site.
For the three menu examples above, micheleplain.txt, micheleframe.txt, and micheleframecross.txt are my three txt files (one for each menu) so when I have SEVERAL menus, I know which txt matches which set of js files! Open Notepad, FILE > SAVE AS > filename.txt - Samantha