HOW TO USE ALL WEB MENUS WITH CSB/TRELLIX
QUOTE FROM KW on CSB Board:
Here's what I do:
1. First, outside of AWM, create an empty text file -- call it sample.txt -- it doesn't matter. Also, create an empty folder on your PC to store what you will create will AWM.
2. Start up AWM and create your menu as desired
3. Click on Tools > Compile Menu and save it
4. Then you will get a window saying Menu compiled successfully. And at the bottom you will have three buttons. Click on the first button (I want to link the compiled menu to my web pages)
5. Browse and locate your empty text file (sample.txt) and click link.
So, at this point what you have is a text file that includes the custom HTML code necessary to be placed into CSB. So here's what you do:
6. Use your favorite FTP program and upload the files generated by AWM to the same location (directory) where your CSB web page is published. There should be 3 files (.gif, .awm, and .js files) and a subdirectory (awmdata-xxx) to be uploaded
7. Open up sample.txt using Notepad
8. Also open up CSB, click on Insert > HTML Code, and then copy and paste the code placed inside the sample.txt file to CSB. (This instruction is now incorrect...will only work in Internet Explorer. See notes below)
Now, once you've done all that -- if you have to go back and modify your AWM menu - you DO NOT HAVE TO DO ALL THE ABOVE steps. Rather, here's what you do:
1. Open up AWM, make your changes, then click on Tools > Compile Menu, then click Save > OK.
2. Then, click on the third button (I'm done,I have already linked the menu to my pages before)
3. Then simply start up FTP and upload the .js file to your web site (that's the only file that gets modified)
ADDITIONAL NOTE - NAMING YOUR TXT FILE:
I personally use a name for my txt file that matches the site.
For the three menu examples above, micheleplain.txt, micheleframe.txt, and micheleframecross.txt are my three txt files (one for each menu) so when I have SEVERAL menus, I know which txt matches which set of js files! Open Notepad, FILE > SAVE AS > filename.txt - Samantha
The following is an example code generated by AWM. You would keep only the purple text and IGNOR the black text!
<!-- DO NOT MOVE! The following AllWebMenus code MUST ALWAYS BE PLACED JUST BEFORE THE /BODY TAG -->
<!-- ******** BEGIN ALLWEBMENUS CODE FOR micheleF ******** -->
<img name='awmMenuPathImg-micheleF' id='awmMenuPathImg-micheleF' src='./awmmenupath.gif' alt=''>
<!-- ******** END ALLWEBMENUS CODE FOR micheleF ******** -->
Trim the code generated by AWM before inserting it into your webpage. BUT DO NOT use Insert > HTML (webgem in Trellix) to insert your code as mentioned in step 8 by KW!!! Unfortunately, that will work for Internet Explorer, but not for other browsers like Mozilla! You must use the PASSTHRU method to insert your AWM code.
PASSTHRU technique: using <| before and |> after the code (no spaces between the < and the | characters). This puts the code directly into the webpage so you can see it in the design window. It must be must be ALONE on the line with no other text or code!
Netscape also requires this code on the page. Place it into your page using the Passthru method also!
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
My final code used on this page, placed at the VERY bottom of the TOP BORDER (since that is where the menu should appear in this sample) below all text - last thing on the border!
ALLWEBMENU SETTING FOR FRAME:
If you publish with HTML FRAMES in CSB, then in your rollover settings, use the frame name TRLX_Middle to have the menu item open in the middle section of the webpage (beneath the top border, when the menu is in the top border).
SETTINGS FOR THIS SAMPLE:
inset buttons, with rollover color change (very slight difference). When you hold the mouse over any of the main level items, the TOOLTIP shows a message. When clicked, the choice turns PINK.
Can adjust placement. No free version, just trial without publishing.
The cost to register one AllWebMenus LITE License is $35 which allows you to install AllWebMenus LITE in one machine and use it for a single web site (home license).
The cost to register one AllWebMenus PRO License is $59.95 which allows you to install AllWebMenus in one machine and create menus for as many web sites as you wish, as well as getting more features.